W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-dawg@w3.org > January to March 2005

protocol doc changed...

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:35:22 -0500
To: DAWG Mailing List <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20050310203521.GA17899@monkeyfist.com>

Folks,

Based on the work we did in Boston, and some of the decisions we made,
I've updated (well, changed, anyway) the protocol editor's draft to
reflect the use of WSDL, removing a lot what is now cruft.

Please find the revised draft here:
       
       $Revision: 1.18 $ of $Date: 2005/03/10 20:31:44 $
       http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-wd/

I also checked in the start of a WSDL 2.0 description of the protocol,
which I intend to be a normative appendix in the spec, once it's fully
debugged.

A partial list of changes includes:

 - Ripped out the RFC 2616 notation
 - moved glossary to end of doc
 - linked to (eventually normative appendixed) WSDL 2.0 instance
 - removed lots of obsolete junk
 - updated SADDLE example to match what we did in Boston
 - reorganized, renamed most sections
 - no more "abstract" and "concrete" sections
 - protocol now specified in terms of interfaces, types, responses, 
   and bindings (HTTP and SOAP)
 - added interface for "graph maintenance" operations: dropGraph & makeGraph

It's not in an especially *useful* state, but I think the state it's
in is reflective of the direction it's moving, and it seemed like the
earlier that's communicated to others, the better.

Kendall Clark
Received on Thursday, 10 March 2005 20:39:00 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 16:15:22 GMT