Re: ACTION Bijan: to work on "closeOver" work-alike with

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 11:40:30 -0600
To: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 10:55 -0500, Bijan Parsia wrote:
> Pursuant to this action item, I met with Steve on Friday (thanks dan
> for getting the actions out, since it reminded me to do this). I
> believe I convinced him that we could pretty effectively represent what
> he wanted in OWL.
>
> I do not have a fully worked out proposal, but you can examine the
> thing we hacked together:
> 	http://www.mindswap.org/dav/ontologies/bijan/2005/dawg/TestClosedOver
>
> (You may need to run it through a pretty printer, or use Swoop:
> 	http://www.mindswap.org/2004/SWOOP/
> or protege or your favorite editor.)

I looked at it thru N3/turtle glasses... I don't see any actual
claims about MyStore being "closedOver" RDFS or owl-dl or anything.
What am I missing?

> Right now it uses nominals to represent graphs with different
> expressivities.

Also, I don't know why some are Things and some are Expressivitys:

    :owl-dl     a :Expressivity .

    :owl-full     a :Expressivity .

    :owl-lite     a owl:Thing .

    :rdf     a owl:Thing .

>  It would be nicer if this were entirely class based,
> but I'm not sure how that accords with the instance level modeling I
> was hearing.
>
> If the action was to show the feasibility, then it is completed.

I suppose it's done to my satisfaction, but it doesn't convince
me that we should standardize this idiom at this time; i.e. anybody
who wants it standardized will please flesh out more details. Maybe
Kendall groks well enough to run with it as is.

> Cheers,
> Bijan.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E