Re: notes from abstract protocol/WSDL ftf5 session

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:00:54 -0500
Cc: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>, RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>

A quick follow up on WSDL issues.

The desired construct:
	 <output element='xr:sparql rdf:RDF@@'/> <!-- where do turtle/n3 fit?
@@ -->

Will not work if sparql is specified in schema and rdf:RDF in relax, at
least, not without a defined extension from DAWG. Unions across type
systems is not defined in WSDL (at the moment).

We could define both in Relax, but Relax would require an extension
too. Plus, I might well object. WSDL is *very* Schema oriented.

Right now, as far as I can tell, there is no specification of the
concrete format of graph outputs. If someone could point me to such
text I would be grateful. There are issues about using RDF/XML (e.g.,
that it cannot serialize all graphs, thus cannot serialize all graph
encoded results) which will have to be addressed  (is it an error?).

Cheers,
Bijan.