Re: Name of a graph? and FROM and FROM NAMED

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 10:14:08 -0400
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, public-rdf-dawg@w3.org

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 08:54:51AM -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:

> Here I'm not only using the "representation" terminology, but
> also following Andy's later suggestion that FROM and FROM NAMED
> completely specify the dataset (which seems somewhat
> responsive to Yoshio's proposal, though it's not quite the same).

Where did Andy make this suggestion? I think, if I understand it, that it
also runs afoul of my objection to Yoshio's proposal. I don't want to force
people to deploy pure query answering services in order to deploy SPARQL.

But perhaps I misread? (Of course publishers can always throw in another
graph that contains its background triples; but that's a dirty trick and I
don't want to force people to play it.)

Kendall Clark