import functions and operators from MathML rather than XPath/XQuery? (valueTesting)

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 09:12:08 -0500
To: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

We currently import our functions and operators

The normative reference on that and
on http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery continue to concern
me, w.r.t. our schedule.

At the rules workshop, somebody pointed out to me
that MathML has URIs for functions an operators,

I don't think it has all the ones we need; regex,
in particular.

But MathML2 is already a REC, and I played around with
it (http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/mathml-rules.xml )
and found it integrates with the Semantic Web pretty well,
so I have been thinking about importing our functions
and operators from there instead of XQuery, and I thought
I'd share the thought with the WG and see if it goes

This might involve a charter change... er... hmm...
I thought there was something explicit about using XQuery
functions and operators in our charter, but I don't see it

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E