Re: evaluating SPARQL w.r.t an RDF query language survey

From: Jeen Broekstra <jeen@aduna.biz>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 10:14:47 +0200
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 12:46 +0200, Jeen Broekstra wrote:
>
>>On Apr 6, 2005, at 12:07 AM, Dan Connolly wrote:
>>
>>>A comment asks...
>>>"How many of the 14 test questions in [1] does the current SPARQL spec
>>>cover ?"
>>> --
>>>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2005Apr/0005.html
>>> -> http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/WBS/pha/rdf-query/
>>>
>>>I'm interested to take a crack at it, but I'd like some confirmation
>>>from other WG members that I've got this right before I reply.
>>>Perhaps it's worth making these into test cases...
>>
>>I am one of the co-authors of that report, so if I can help out in any
>>way let me know.
>

> I think it would be great for you to add these cases to our test
> suite.
>  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/
>
> If you're interested, send an ssh2 public key to EricP and me
> and we'll try to arrange CVS write access. I presume you can
> get in touch with Steve to learn anything you don't yet know
> about how our test suite works.

Alright, I'll give it a go.

[comments on closed-world assumption, quantification and counting objects]

I'm taking this as input for the test cases on that report as well. We
need to formulate some of these cases a bit sharper, apparently.

Jeen
--
Jeen Broekstra          Aduna BV
Knowledge Engineer      Julianaplein 14b, 3817 CS Amersfoort