Re: punctuationSyntax

Dave Beckett wrote:

> As a particular criticism, I don't like the << ... >> reification
> syntax, it has never been asked for as an addition to Turtle (a few
> years experience)  and I don't need it for any of my applications.

Actually we have had some examples of people using the reification
shorthand syntax in SeRQL. Example case (actually a pretty exotic one
where this is used in the CONSTRUCT to create new reifications):

http://www.openrdf.org/forum/mvnforum/viewthread?lastpage=yes&thread=404

 From a point of view of QL adequacy it seems a bit poor to not add
some sort of convenience shortcut for reification. After all, the
concept is part of the RDF abstract model.

That being said, I'm not particularly fond of the double angle bracket
syntax either - yet more brackets to clutter up the syntax. So,
neither a strong like nor strong dislike in my case, but I felt the
additional data point might be useful.

Jeen
--
Jeen Broekstra          Aduna BV
Knowledge Engineer      Julianaplein 14b, 3817 CS Amersfoort