Re: Small items for SPARQL

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:56:42 +0000
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 21:21 +0000, Seaborne, Andy wrote:
> [...]
>
>>I will follow this trend and put in rq23/ that the grammar is over the
>>UNICODE character set,
>

> yes, very well, but...
>

>> and say that the files are encoded in UTF-8.
>

> Hmm... what files are discussed in rq23/?

Discused?  None directly but it gives the grammar. "the files" was referring
to "files on disk" from the start of the text.  I don't care where the
statement goes but it should go somewhere - next to the grammar is as good a
place as any as far as I can see.  It is not just a protocol issue, nor just
a test files issue.

It does not work to just not say anything - one app runs with ISO-8859-1,
one on UTF-8 and it does not work e.g character .  At best, the ISO 8859-1
char becomes an encoding error in UTF-8.

	Andy

PS The convention for queries has been to use file extension .rq