Re: SPARQL Variable Binding Results XML Format draft - for review

Publishing this draft is acceptable to me.

	Andy

Comments:

1/ Unbound variables should not be mentioned in <result> to avoid the issue with

"""
ISSUE: This is a problem, you cannot distinguish a bound variable value with an
empty string literal, from a variable with no binding.
"""

because we now have all the variables declared in the header.

2/ """Note: The blank node label I may not be the same string used as the blank
node label in the query graph."""

A serializer might not actually know the blank node label in the query graph so
can't guarantee this feature.  It may just know whether two bNodes are the same
or different.

I think this should say that the blank node label I is scoped to the result set
XML document and does not make any association with graph bNode label.

3/ Observation: I thought you were proposing using rdf:datatype, rdf:nodeID.  I
see "datatype" and "id".  That's fine - it drops the need for rdf: namespace.

4/ """ISSUE: XML Style - dawg-results needs a better name"""

It's <dawg-result> in the example above this line, not "dawg-results"

5/ Could the example be extended to have the same bNode in one place as well as
a different bNode in another place?  Currently, there is just two different
bNodes which does not illustrate the use of the same id=""  As HTML/XML IDs are
  different everywhere, the name "id" might be confusing.

I don't speak fluent RelexNG but the following seem odd:

A/ Use of #decimal

datatypes xsd =" http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#decimal"

Why #decimal? Is this (xsd) just for xsd:anyURI later?

B/ nameAttr

var = element * {
      xmllang?, nameAttr?, hrefAttr?, datatypeAttr?, idAttr?, literal
}

nameAttr = attribute name { string }

I don't see where the attribute "name" fits in.  Is this remains from the <var>
form?

	Andy