protocol: updated (radically changed) draft

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:22:50 -0500
To: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org

Folks,

I've decided to pretend as if I believe that doing something too
simple in the protocol space will result in something *actually useful
and interesting* much sooner than trying to do something interesting
right now.

I don't actually believe this, but I'm going to try it on for size.

So I've published a new draft of my protocol document that:

   - removes 5 of the 7 methods, leaving on query and getGraph
   - removes all talk of discovery, advertisement, and WSDL
   - hardcodes (gag!!!) query parameters

In other words, I've forked myself -- a sure sign of insanity. :>

If nothing else, having 2 v. different but obviously related drafts
should give the WG something to straw poll, so that we can figure out
where the hell we are.

Hence, the new version (1.7) of the protocol is available at

       http://monkeyfist.com/kendall/sparql-protocol-simplex/

While the older, fuller (and more interesting!) version of the
protocol is (and will remain) available at

       http://monkeyfist.com/kendall/sparql-protocol/

Best,
Kendall Clark
--
Sometimes it's appropriate, even patriotic, to be ashamed
of your country. -- James Howard Kunstler