Re: protocol draft available

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:45:10 -0600
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 12:19:12PM -0600, Dan Connolly muttered something about:

> I'm interested to see a protocol spec that has a similar
> structure to the SPARQL QL spec: start with a hello-world
> "making simple queries" section, follow up with as much
> spec-ese as is needed to say how simple queries work,
> then add a wrinkle, give an example, more spec-ese.
> Repeat until all our requirements are met, and then
> stop.

That seems, to me, more the format of a tutorial or implementation guide
than a spec. At any rate, that's not what I did, and changing over to that
style would be a gross tonne of work. So I'm not convinced to do that unless
or until there's a consensus of WG members that that's what everyone wants.

But thanks for the feedback. I'm still interested in feedback on specific
bits.

Kendall Clark
--
You're one in a million