Re: UC&R feedback from PL designer community (design by committee)

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:33:11 -0500
To: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Cc: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 07:16, Kendall Clark wrote:
> I find many of these comments to be unhelpful, but we should probably
> consider them anyway:
>
> http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/view/182

"Some committee
There are only 2 editors of the draft. And one of them works for HP, and
might therefore be biassed. BRQL indeed looks a lot like RDQL."

How many editors would they expect? 4 hands seems like the right
number, to me.

And I think it's a *feature* that most of the design happens
outside/before the WG. I think we're doing collaborative design
review, not collaborative design from scratch. I wonder if you
share those sentiments and would please relay them, Kendall. I'm
not likely to manage yet another account to join that discussion.

Hmm... I might try to capture my thoughts as collaboration
patterns, near http://esw.w3.org/topic/ConnectingAudiences