Re: UC&R feedback from PL designer community (programming language vs limited expressivity)

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:27:18 -0500
To: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Cc: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 07:16, Kendall Clark wrote:
> I find many of these comments to be unhelpful, but we should probably
> consider them anyway:
>
> http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/view/182

"When people design query languages, they often seem to forget they are
still designing a programming language."

I didn't forget, but I don't think we are designing a programming
language. At least... I hope not, as I said earlier...

 Limited complexity requirement? Dan Connolly (Thursday, 15 July)
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0082.html

I'm still not inclined to advocate that position, due to awkwardness
of doing that while chairing. But I don't mind if somebody else
picks it up.