Re: UC&R feedback from PL designer community (programming language vs limited expressivity)

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 07:16, Kendall Clark wrote:
> I find many of these comments to be unhelpful, but we should probably
> consider them anyway:
>
> http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/view/182

"When people design query languages, they often seem to forget they are
still designing a programming language."

I didn't forget, but I don't think we are designing a programming
language. At least... I hope not, as I said earlier...

 Limited complexity requirement? Dan Connolly (Thursday, 15 July)
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0082.html

I'm still not inclined to advocate that position, due to awkwardness
of doing that while chairing. But I don't mind if somebody else
picks it up.