Re: Use case: AR-2: "Federated query"

On Mar 19, 2004, at 3:48 AM, Dan Connolly wrote:

> I'm not sure I've completely absorbed this use case, and it does
> seem like a stretch... but there
> does seem to be something novel to it: it motivates interoperability.
> In many of the use cases, it's not evident why we need lots
> of services to work the same way: as long as a particular
> client and server agree, they're happy. This case
> relies, pretty clearly, on lots of interoperable services.

yep that's the idea - while assuming the minimum common denominator
between different parties, where each other it is keeping its autonomy,
without requiring it to change its workflow significantly for the sake
of interoperability.

> I'd like to see it presented in "once upon a time..." story format,
> with more connection to less technical concepts (shopping,
> health care, ...).

later I could try to formulate the use-case using some better
real-world marketing terminology - also PS-17 ("Opacity of Content
Management Infrastructure") is somehow related to this one

cheers

Alberto