Re: Use case: AR-2: "Federated query"

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 02:02, Patrick Stickler wrote:
> On Mar 17, 2004, at 22:41, ext Alberto Reggiori wrote:
>

> > == Use Case Name
> >
> > Federated query
[...]
> While this is an important, and needed, application, this seems out of
> scope
> to me.
[...]

> (or have I missed something more fundamental, Alberto, in your test
> case?)

I'm not sure I've completely absorbed this use case, and it does
seem like a stretch... but there
does seem to be something novel to it: it motivates interoperability.
In many of the use cases, it's not evident why we need lots
of services to work the same way: as long as a particular
client and server agree, they're happy. This case
relies, pretty clearly, on lots of interoperable services.

I'd like to see it presented in "once upon a time..." story format,
with more connection to less technical concepts (shopping,
health care, ...).

> Patrick

see you at the WWW2004 in NY 17-22 May?