Re: A Comparison of RDF Query Languages

From: Rob Shearer <Rob.Shearer@networkinference.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:56:46 -0700
To: <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Andreas Eberhart has posted a message to the rdf-logic list (in fact,
attempted to cross-post it to just about every RDF-related list) which I
feel is somewhat counter-productive to the work of this group:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-logic/2004Apr/0063.html

I'm not sure what the consensus view on this kind of stuff is. I think
the last thing we want is for other RDF groups to be arguing about what
a query language should be under the assumption that we're hearing their
input when we're clearly not (the attempted cross-post to our mailing
list didn't seem to go through).

I'm also a bit irked about surveys that don't include the REX language;
I realize I haven't put together enough resources to make it accessible
(hoping to at least post a summary of the f2f presentation this
weekend), but I really don't have the time to be writing comprehensive
documentation and language tutorials in more than one forum.