Re: ORA-SE-328-E: no mention of the standalone property

From: Henry Zongaro <zongaro@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 14:38:00 -0400
To: Stephen Buxton <Stephen.Buxton@oracle.com>
Cc: public-qt-comments@w3.org

Steve,

     In [1], you submitted the following comment on the Last Call Working
Draft of XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 Serialization.

Stephen Buxton wrote on 2004-02-18 05:21:28 PM:
> SECTION 4.8:  XML output method: other parameters
>
> There is no section for the standalone parameter, and it is not
> mentioned here either.  In section 3 "Serialization parameters"
> two paragraphs after the list of parameters, last sentence, it
> says "If the semantics of a parameter are not described for an
> output method, then it is not applicable to that output method."
> This would seem to imply that the standalone parameter is not
> applicable to the XML output method.  But that can't be; see
> section 4.5 "XML output method: the omit-xml-declaration parameter,
> which describes interactions between the omit-xml-declaration
> parameter and the standalone parameter.  Arguably these mentions
> are sufficient, but it would be better if either the standalone
> property appeared in the title of some section, or was listed
> in this section as one of the "other parameters".

the section that was previously entitled "XML output method: the
omit-xml-declaration Parameter" to "XML Output Method: the
omit-xml-declaration and standalone Parameters".  I believe that should
make it clear that the standalone parameter is applicable to the xml
output method.

     Thank you for submitting your comment.

Thanks,

Henry