Re: ORA-SE-293-E: Redundant phrase that can be deleted

From: Henry Zongaro <zongaro@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 14:44:47 -0400
To: Stephen Buxton <Stephen.Buxton@oracle.com>
Cc: public-qt-comments@w3.org

Steve,

     In [1], you submitted the following comment on the Last Call Working
Draft of XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 Serialization.

Stephen Buxton wrote on 2004-02-18 05:21:15 PM:
> SECTION 2: Serializing arbitrary data models
>
> Step 2 says "If the data model instance contains any atomic
> values, or sequences that contain atomic values, ...".
> But the input to the normalization process is a single sequence,
> and sequences do not nest, so what does it mean to say that
> a sequence contains a sequence?  Perhaps you mean the second
> sequence to be a subsequence of the input sequence.  But there
> is no need for this case, since if a subsequence contains an
> atomic value, the input sequence also contains an atomic value.
> The phrase "or sequences that contain atomic values" can be
> deleted.

     I am not entirely certain why that phrase appeared here, but I agree
that it is entirely redundant.  I have applied the editorial change that
you suggested.  Thank you for your comment.

Thanks,

Henry
[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qt-comments/2004Feb/1037.html