[XQuery] Uniqueness of module namespaces

From: Kay, Michael <Michael.Kay@softwareag.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 23:45:10 +0100
To: <public-qt-comments@w3.org>

On an internal list, I raised the following comment:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-query-wg/2003Nov/0019.html

"There appears to be no explicit rule stating that the module namespace
of an
imported module must differ from the module namespace of the importing
module. Clearly such a rule was intended."

The Query WG discussed this on 2003-12-17, and agreed the change in
principle; to ensure public visibility I was given the action
(XQUERY-162-04) to raise the matter on the public comments list.

More recently, Per Bothner has raised the same question in a rather more
generalized form:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qt-comments/2003Dec/0288.html

See Last Call issue reference qt-2003Dec0288-01

The WG discussed Per's comment at a telcon on 2004-01-14 and scheduled
further discussion at the face-to-face next week. I imagine this
discussion is likely to revisit the 2003-12-17 decision.