RE: ORA-XS-356-B: <xsl:apply-templates select="*" />

I believe that this comment is editorial (it concerns a non-normative
note).

I believe that the first two non-normative notes in section 6.3 are
carried forward from XSLT 1.0 and contain advice which is now familiar
to most experienced XSLT users. I don't think this sort of advice
belongs in the 2.0 spec. I therefore propose to go further than you
suggest, and delete both these notes entirely.

Please confirm whether this resolution is acceptable.

Regards,

Michael Kay
as XSL WG editor