RE: [XQuery] MS-XQ-LC1-127

Perhaps we should follow the example of XML Schema and add a note:

"The above definition imposes only very modest obligations on minimally
conforming processors [and we're not going to tell you what these
obligations are]."

;-)

I agree with the sentiment though. The Namespaces 1.1 spec rambles on
about how namespaces are supposed to be IRIs, and then says in the small
print that parsers don't have to check that they really are, and can
allow anything.