From: public-qt-comments-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-qt-comments-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Don Chamberlin
Sent: 17 February 2004 04:45
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
Subject: [XQuery] IBM-XQ-025: Comparable types in Order By clause

(IBM-XQ-025) Section 3.9.3, Order By and Return Clauses: The first
bulleted list says that each orderspec in an Order By clause must
"return values of the same type for all tuples." We should use a
different term: "comparable types" rather than "same type", and we
should define the term. For the purposes of this rule, all numeric types
should be "comparable". The types xs:string and xdt:untypedAtomic should
be "comparable". Any atomic type should be "comparable" with its derived
types, and two atomic types that are derived from the same base type (or
that are both derived from numeric types) should be "comparable".

--Don Chamberlin