Re: [XQuery] A.2.2 Lexical Rules: remove

Michael Dyck wrote:

>XQuery 1.0: An XML Query Language
>W3C Working Draft 12 November 2003
>
>A.2.2 Lexical Rules
>
>This section should be deleted, or at least made non-normative.
>
>I have made this point several times before:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-query-comments/2002Jan/0002.html
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qt-comments/2002Aug/0021.html
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qt-comments/2002Nov/0105.html
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qt-comments/2004Jan/0407.html
>I've received a few replies, but never a satisfactory justification.
>This time, I'll presumably at least get an official WG response.

Now that we are in the Last Call period, we are obligated to give you an
official WG response. This was not actually required before.

Here's the process: I make a master list of all comments, classify them
by document, and the chairs make sure they are placed on agendas and
discussed. You will get an official WG response, but it does take some
time to filter down through our bureaucracy. I assure you that there is
an entry for this, and we will not consider ourselves finished until we
respond to you.

Thanks for your thorough review, and I promise an answer once the WG has
processed this.

Jonathan