Re: xsl:function: removal of xsl:result

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 10:17:39 +0100
To: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com>
CC: public-qt-comments@w3.org

Hi Tobi,

> The xsl:result inside functions added a lot of expressive clarity,
> which the current replacement xsl:sequence doesn't offer, IMHO.
>
> Why the change?

Now that we have sequence construction in XSLT 2.0 (rather than just
in XPath 2.0), there's no longer a technical requirement for
<xsl:result> -- the same effect can be achieved using <xsl:sequence>.
In addition, we don't have an <xsl:result> in template definitions, so
it seemed consistent to remove it from function definitions as well.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison