RE: glossary+requirement doc

From: Kay, Michael <Michael.Kay@softwareag.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 23:47:27 +0200
To: Dave Pawson <dpawson@nildram.co.uk>, public-qt-comments@w3.org

> 	Would you define 'item' please?
> It appears fairly central to the idea of sequences?

Yes indeed. The term is defined right in the first section of the data model
document:

"Every value handled by the data model is a sequence of zero or more items.
An item is either a node or an atomic value."

> It is not defined in the glossary.

I guess you mean the XSLT glossary? At present this is just a list of those
terms defined in the XSLT specification itself. It would be nice to bring in
terms defined in the other specs - all it needs is a bit of stylesheet
wizardry and a lot of coordination between the editors!

> How have you addressed the requirement 2.2?

You are presumably referring to XSLT requirement 2.2 (date formatting)?

There is a checklist reporting on how all the requirements have been met at
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#d0e23596
Unfortunately it doesn't retain the original numbering, but it does retain
the ordering. It appears renumbered as requirement 10. There you will find a
reference to the facility that meets this requirement, at
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#format-date

Michael Kay