RE: glossary+requirement doc

From: Kay, Michael <Michael.Kay@softwareag.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 23:47:27 +0200
To: Dave Pawson <dpawson@nildram.co.uk>, public-qt-comments@w3.org

> 	Would you define 'item' please?
> It appears fairly central to the idea of sequences?

Yes indeed. The term is defined right in the first section of the data model

"Every value handled by the data model is a sequence of zero or more items.
An item is either a node or an atomic value."

> It is not defined in the glossary.

I guess you mean the XSLT glossary? At present this is just a list of those
terms defined in the XSLT specification itself. It would be nice to bring in
terms defined in the other specs - all it needs is a bit of stylesheet
wizardry and a lot of coordination between the editors!

> How have you addressed the requirement 2.2?
You are presumably referring to XSLT requirement 2.2 (date formatting)?

There is a checklist reporting on how all the requirements have been met at
Unfortunately it doesn't retain the original numbering, but it does retain
the ordering. It appears renumbered as requirement 10. There you will find a
reference to the facility that meets this requirement, at

Michael Kay