Re: XPath/XQuery/Data Model : Data Model Inconsistency?

In a message dated 06/05/2003 17:21:45 GMT Daylight Time, mrys@microsoft.com
writes:

> I think some editorial rewording may solve it. What about:
>
> An item $x is identical to a singleton sequence containing that item in
> the sense that $x = ((), $x).

Michael,

If the phrase "is identical" (which for me is an absolute term) was replaced
then the seeming inconsistency would, I think, be resolved.

In your suggested solution replacing "is identical" with "is equivalent" (or
something similar) would satisfy me. I am happy to leave it to the WG to tidy
this up.

Regards

Andrew Watt