Initial remarks on Unicorn

From: Steven Pemberton <Steven.Pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 13:03:52 +0200
To: public-qa-dev@w3.org
I definitely like the new interface, and how it gives an expandable
overview.

Here are a couple of remarks:

1. It doesn't seem to deal with 301 (and similar) redirects. E.g.
http://www.cwi.nl/~steven
    I also note that if I try to validate google.com, it actually validates
google.fr

2. "Infos" is not a normal English word (I usually see it used by French
speakers), since "information" does not have a plural form. Use "Info"
"Details" or "Further information".

3. The appendix C guidelines are informational only (not normative), and
are intended to help create content that is not only correct XML, but will
also work with pure HTML browsers. The appendix C guidelines are now
rather out-of-date, and the ones in Appendix A of
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-media-types/#compatGuidelines are a better
source. However, they should only generate warnings, not errors.

4. Please include a "try again" button, so that you can do edit - validate
- edit - validate cycles easily.

5. I think it is wrong to say "this document has not passed the Appendix C
tests" for documents that the tests don't apply to (such as HTML); better
to say that the tests weren't run since they don't apply.

6. .intro	Property  margin doesn't exist : 0 0 0 0

    .intro {width: 60%; border: thin black solid; background-color: #ccf;
float: left; margin: 0 0 0 0}

    What's wrong with 'margin'?

Best wishes,

Steven Pemberton