Re: new link checker release?

On Tuesday 03 April 2007, you wrote:

> I saw a number of commits for the link checker recently, that's
> really great. Do you think we should plan for a new release (perhaps
> something like a 4.3.1) any time soon? If we do, I may jump in to
> dust off the CSS a bit, sync it with other tools, perhaps work on a
> nicer results stylesheet, but nothing drastic.

Heh, you read my mind.  Whenever you find the time, go ahead with the UI
improvements, much appreciated.

I have a local half baked implementation of a command line option which can be
used to exclude links that match a given regexp from being checked; I'm going
to finish that and after it (and the UI changes above) I think it's 4.4 time.

> There's also the fact that the CPAN shell doesn't know about
> linkchecker, I have been rather puzzled by it. Maybe something we
> could have a look at too?

Yeah, beats me too.  When I initially uploaded it to CPAN, it did grok it
and "install W3C-LinkChecker" (or at least something like that) worked.
Something must have changed so it no longer works.  I can have a look, but
it's somewhat hard to test...