Re: Auto-discovery of the Validator Atom feed

From: Antonio Cavedoni <antonio@cavedoni.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 01:35:12 +0100
Cc: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>
To: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
On 13 Nov 2005, at 11:14, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> What makes this require a bit more than just adding the line to
> HEAD is
> that the validator's HTML pages use SSI for a common header
> snippet, and
> the individual pages can't currently add arbitrary stuff to HEAD.
> That's probably why it hasn't been done yet.

I edited my local copy of whatsnew.html to have a new variable
“feeds” with value 1. This gets checked by header.html, which in
turn prints the two LINK tags for the Atom and RSS 1.0 feeds of the
whatsnew page.

When it comes to CVS I don’t really know what I am doing, but after
googling a bit I have created a patch with these changes, which I am
attaching to this message. I hope it helps.

Cheers.
--
Antonio