W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-qa-dev@w3.org > February 2005

[meeting] summary of discussions - 2005-02-22

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:29:08 +0900
Message-Id: <725adb8695e936db43cac4118062b69b@w3.org>
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

Folks,

My sincere apologies for making yesterday's meeting rather messy - my 
ISP apparently went into "let's break stuff" mode for over two hours 
last night, without prior notice. FWIW, I am in the process of changing 
ISPs...

I am going to follow Björn's  suggestion and only send a summary of 
yesterday's discussions. Given how I missed most of the meeting, I will 
send followup messages, and encourage everyone to fu2 this list for the 
time being.


* Style guide *
Everyone agreed with the idea to have a wiki entry documenting any 
specific style guidelines or at least common practices for qa-dev tools 
and their doc.

Discussion on use of "fancy" characters, opinions varying between raw 
UTF8 or numeric character references, anything but named entity refs.

Terje will draft something at http://esw.w3.org/topic/QaDev/StyleGuide 
and we can continue the discuss from there.
ACTION: Terje to make StyleGuide wiki entry.


* Gathering test cases a.k.a involving the WGs in the validator *
a "good thing" (TM) would be to have more interaction between WGs and 
the validators, and even though most of them may think we are 
irrelevant to their work until we make progress with m12n and move away 
from DTD-only paradigm, a few groups could benefit from more 
interaction with us. One suggestion was to prepare a WBS (survey) for 
WG chairs.

[additional discussions on SVG validation, orphaned svgvalidator, and 
future work in this area ]


* HTML 4.01 errata work *
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qa-dev/2005Feb/0035.html
Some mentions of such a work in progress appeared in HTML WG minutes 
recently. Very brief, but worth keeping an eye at, especially for a 
couple of errata items very relevant to validation.

Tech Plenary in a few days, it would be good to liaise with HTML WG 
there.


* Localhost redirect fixes *
Ville fixed (for check, in HEAD) the issue where a redirect would 
bypass security measures against validation of documents on private-IP 
servers (including localhost). Checklink has the same issue, will be 
fixed soon, with a release RSN. This raised the question of whether to 
backport the code to check 0.6.x or not.


Tentative date for next meeting: March 8th.

Thank you,
-- 
olivier
Received on Wednesday, 23 February 2005 09:29:13 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 19 August 2010 18:12:45 GMT