Re: Checking Recursion

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 00:17 +0100, Terje Bless wrote:

> Would everyone with an opinion please chime in with a number please?
>
>   Default Config: ? (is 0 now)
>         v.w3.org: ?

1 for both, ie. so that it can check its own output.

> Perhaps the logic should be: a positive integer means to limit recursion to
> that depth, and 0 means to allow infinite recursion?
>
> Or, possibly, we shouldn't even have a config option for this; it should check
> itself, but not allow further recursion at all.

Can anyone come up with a valid use case where recursing to depths > 1
is required?  What about the prohibiting even the first self-check case?

If "no" and "no", no config option is needed.  If "no" and "yes", then a
boolean config option would suffice.  I tend to think that no option
would be sufficient.