Re: check with SGML::Parser::OpenSP (and branches)

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 09:37:03 +0900
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

On 19 Aug 2005, at 03:12, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> I think what's most important is more active development and the
> online service (which we have full control over);

The priority is what's running on vwo, and making that as good as
possible, I agree... As long as "priority" means only that, not
ignoring everything else. Our software has been installed locally by
a number of people, we should not treat breaking these lightly.

> improvements for
> legacy systems tend to make our code more complicated and while it
> might be nice if the Validator delivers basic functionality on such
> systems, I don't think we should optimize for them.

Yes... Which brings us to the question of what we consider "legacy"
systems and our minimal systems requirements.