Re: qa-dev's virtualhost config

On Sep 16, 2004, at 15:06, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> I must say that the Apache configuration on qa-dev is pretty confusing.

On other instances of apache2 that I take care of, I don't make a lot
of use of conf.d/*, and prefer virtualhost config files in
sites-enabled. Is that what you find confusing?

I don't really mind either way, other than the fact that it took me a
long time (and some help) to figure out that the directives in conf.d
were parsed before sites-enabled, and that apache2 does not have an
override mechanism

> Anyone aware of any documentation about
> how "things" are supposed to be configured in this kind of setup?

What matters to me at least is not "how it's supposed to be" as much as
"how it is". If you'd like to move things around, change things, go for
it, but document it somewhere. Everyone wins :)