Re: qa-dev's virtualhost config

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:49:13 +0300
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 11:24, olivier Thereaux wrote:
> On Sep 16, 2004, at 15:06, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > I must say that the Apache configuration on qa-dev is pretty confusing.
>
> On other instances of apache2 that I take care of, I don't make a lot
> of use of conf.d/*, and prefer virtualhost config files in
> sites-enabled. Is that what you find confusing?

Not directly.  I'm just not familiar with the way the config files are
split in /etc/apache2, and until a few seconds ago, I hadn't noticed
/etc/apache2/README.  That made it really hard to decipher which
snippets are included, and when, and to find out where things are or are
supposed to be configured.

> > Anyone aware of any documentation about
> > how "things" are supposed to be configured in this kind of setup?
>
> What matters to me at least is not "how it's supposed to be" as much as
> "how it is". If you'd like to move things around, change things, go for
> it, but document it somewhere. Everyone wins :)

Any suggestions for the expanded form of "somewhere"?

(To answer my own question above, /etc/apache2/README contains some
useful stuff.  Oh, and I actually have no desire to configure Apache on
qa-dev in the first place... will try to avoid that :)