Re: [check] releasing 0.6.5 tomorrow / proposed changelog

On May 7, 2004, at 00:36, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>  I had similar issues with, AFAIR, the show source checkbox, as it was
> unchecked and yet it showed the source.

Indeed, forcing source display is yet another "love it or hate it"
discussion. I wrote (in w-v@, I think, that I did not think the reason
why it was done in the first place made sense any more since snippets
of code are given with the errors. So I removed the override. I'll
note, as David said on w-v today, that all this would indeed be easier
if we could record users' preferences.

> I think we should not announced that this is "shared" with the CSS
> Validator. I for example get the german version of the CSS Validator
> by default which is not updated and it's currently a bit unfinished...

Good point.

> We should probably also point out that this is more a maintenance
> release than The Next Generation.

Yes.