Re: [check] releasing 0.6.5 tomorrow / proposed changelog

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 17:36:44 +0200
To: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Cc: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

* olivier Thereaux wrote:
>I am still struggling with last-minute issues and decisions... Bjoern
>pointed out that changes I had made today was breaking a well-known
>behaviour (clicking on a label should usually select the button, not go
>to another page), so I reverted that.

(It also breaks keyboard navigation to some extend as you would
select the checkbox, then the label, then the link, etc.)

>I also changed the default to non-verbose on the homepage interface,
>though I think it's OK to leave it preselected for the advanced
>interface and revalidate box. Your opinions welcome by tomorrow, and in
>any case, none of all this is cast in stone.

It would somehow suggest that the results you got in the first place
already *are* verbose and there is no point in re-validating it. I
had similar issues with, AFAIR, the show source checkbox, as it was
unchecked and yet it showed the source.

>Below is my - proposed - compiled changelog for the announcement.
>Opinions on this much welcome.
>
>General
>- new style, new (simpler) navigation mechanism [ shared with CSS
>validator ]

I think we should not announced that this is "shared" with the CSS
Validator. I for example get the german version of the CSS Validator
by default which is not updated and it's currently a bit unfinished...

We should probably also point out that this is more a maintenance
release than The Next Generation.