[check] releasing 0.6.5 tomorrow (?)

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 15:56:56 +0900
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>
As you may have noticed from the CVS notification system, I've been
rather active polishing the documentation for the Markup Validator
today.

In spite of a very tight schedule (between a flurry of national
holidays and an overseas trip) I am inclined to release v0.6.5 of the
Markup Validator tomorrow.

Rationale:
  - Most of the issues regarding navigation are, I believe, sorted out;
  - Most validation / broken links issues have been sorted out, too;
  - I am now fairly happy with the source/install/devel documentation;
  - Coordination with W3C Commm is going well and they are ready to
announce the release;
  - I am aware that some problems (may) remain, but we're likely to have
to do a corrective release in a few weeks however long we take before
this release. If we're serious about trying to release often, this is
the time to prove it;
  ... and we haven't made a release in a very, very long time.

That said, if you think there is any important reason *not to* release,
please say so rapidly.

Ville, I gather you may want to update validator.spec. The syntax is
not so complicated, but I failed to understand some of its subtleties.