W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-qa-dev@w3.org > July 2004

[meeting] notes from 2004-07-06

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 15:15:48 +0900
Message-Id: <169FDD44-CFDD-11D8-BE53-000393A80896@w3.org>
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>
Hi,

Here are my notes from our meeting on IRC "yesterday". The freenode 
network was wobbly, and given how messed up my logs are, I decided to 
only include a fluffed-up summary.


Agenda/Meeting page: http://esw.w3.org/topic/QaDev


** Meeting start up, review of action items **

Participants were: Bjoern, Ville, Terje, Jim, olivier

First note: I will try to change the status from "tentative" to 
confirmed depending on whether people have sent potential regrets (or 
written them into the wiki)

* Discussing action item on Icons: Dom and olivier working on 
generating a set of icons from SVG source, but tools are an issue. Jim 
suggested I ask someone like Dean for help.

* Discussing action item on SSL certificates: some potential progress, 
but unlikely to get a "big" certificate. Bjoern suggests asking 
Verisign, although others at W3C have already tried without success.


** Link checker **

Some feedback received at last, none negative. One request to change 
version number to 4.0 (for agent filtering), agreed upon (with some 
reservations).

One bug left before an eventual release recursion bug [1]. Ville has 
only started to look at it [2] but hopes to have it fixed within a 
week. Also need to check if the bug was already there in 3.9.2. If the 
fix is trivial, we should proceed with the release.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2004Jun/0181.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2004Jun/0184.html



** CSS Validator **

Line ending issue in the CVs repository is now fixed.

Bugzilla now has all the test cases, and most issues (although Bjoern 
notes he knows of at least a dozen that are not yet in the bug 
tracker). The number of issues is impressive, and the size of the code 
base makes it rather difficult to give a hand in bug fixing.

olivier trying to grok the code and Ville will be available to help in 
the near-ish future, but the feeling (stated by Bjoern and generally 
agreed) seems to tend toward less effort on the current codebase and 
more active work on creating a (simpler) new generation based on 
libcroco.


** Markup Validator **

Bug #805 apparently successfully fixed, and everyone congratulates 
Ville for the new Auth proxy code.

Still on the todo list for a 0.6.7 release is a default Doctype patch 
Nick is working on. Nick being busy, the general agreement was that it 
was OK to wait a few more weeks.

Short digression started by olivier on the topic of a SOAP 1.2 
interface, as well as a small code project that he will use to create a 
(demo) system to manage our test cases.

adjourned after 1 hour 30 minutes.

-- 
olivier

Received on Wednesday, 7 July 2004 02:15:48 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 19 August 2010 18:12:44 GMT