Re: [checklink] Preparing for 3.9.3

On Apr 16, 2004, at 04:12, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> The status of libwww-perl needs attention though, I believe the link
> checker $TNV *could* in theory work with the 5.64 on v.w.o, 5.66+ is
> needed for command line use.  But perhaps the upgrade to 5.79 would not
> be a bad idea.
>
> I've notified the Debian libwww-perl maintainer about the 5.76 file:
> redirect issue, perhaps there will be an updated .deb available soon.
> Fedora Core 2 will most likely include 5.79 (it's in Rawhide now).

Haven't got time to look yet but I suppose from what you're saying that
5.79 fixes the file: redirect bug, which is good. That said, are we
sure it's a good candidate (i.e stable enough) to put into production?

I realize that updating lwp is starting to be important and urgent, I
just would not want to regret any hasty move.