Re: [check(link)] Use of javascript?

Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org> wrote:

>On Monday, Oct 28, 2002, at 01:02 Asia/Tokyo, Ville Skyttä wrote:
>>what's the policy on use of JavaScript in validator or checklink?
>
>I'm not sure there's any such thing as a policy for this.
>
>My policy, if any, would be that if it's valid/standard and usable with
>any agent, there's no reason not to use it.

Like Nick, adding suitable little bits if JavaScript has been on my TODO
for ages (and I've been bugging Jim Ley about adding some ;D). It obviously
needs to be super-carefull not to make any stupid mistakes that might
legitimize stuff like browser-sniffers to Joe R. Wubduhsigner, but even
more, it would be nice to be able to act as a showcase for JavaScript
__done_right__!

IOW, Accessible and inclusionary JavaScript would be a big plus as far as
I'm concerned...

--
Everytime I write a rhyme these people thinks its a crime
I tell `em what's on my mind. I guess I'm a CRIMINAL!