Forst prototype XML Validation Webservice

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 22:21:31 +0000 (GMT)
To: <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

I've put up the XML Validator at
<URL:http://qa-dev.w3.org:8888/>

This is based on the existing experimental service at valet, but
has been updated to use Xerces 2.1 and I've made some other
long-overdue improvements.  It's definitely alpha-quality,
and liable to fall about in a heap just now.

Questions:
  * Are people happy with the general format of this service?
  * If so, shall I put the code into qa-dev cvs at this point?
  * If not, what should be changed?
  * Has anyone put any XML catalogue stuff onto qa-dev?
    It'll run a lot faster and more efficiently if it can
    resolve entities locally!

--
Nick Kew