Re: [logvalidator] Online logvalidator ?

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: 11 Nov 2002 10:54:50 +0200
To: public-qa-dev@w3.org

On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 10:20, Olivier Thereaux wrote:

> > Hmm, what do you mean?  "perl -MCPAN -e shell", "install LWP" or use
> > ppm
> > with ActivePerl or use the pre-packaged version from an OS vendor?
>
> Interesting. Being a "download, make, make install" person, I confess
> my ignorance about CPAN semi-automated mechanisms. Really interesting,
> I should look at this and update the doc.
>
> I also plan to make it CPAN package (I believe it's CPAN compliant, or
> almost, already), especially if it helps installation.

I believe it is, IIRC I've sent some patches to address this in the past
myself :)  But the tough part is the configuration file, I don't know
how that should be treated in a CPAN package.

Anyway, the really nice thing about all the above automated mechanisms
is the ability to track dependencies and install them on demand.

--
\/ille Skyttä
ville.skytta at iki.fi