Re: [logvalidator] Online logvalidator ?

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: 09 Nov 2002 13:33:13 +0200
To: public-qa-dev@w3.org

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 09:24, Olivier Thereaux wrote:

> The logvalidator is (unfortunately, libwww is a pain sometimes...) not
> so easy to install,

Hmm, what do you mean?  "perl -MCPAN -e shell", "install LWP" or use ppm
with ActivePerl or use the pre-packaged version from an OS vendor?

> and since I believe it's a cool service, I'd be
> tempted to create an online version : people would upload a log file
> (could be big, though...), fill in a few necessary fields, and voila!

Sounds kind of neat, but I wouldn't feel comfortable uploading my
server's logs to a public service.  If I'd host such a service myself, I
think it could be useful.

> (or maybe I should package libwww and all necessary libs with the
> logvalidator library...)

Brr...

> Besides, that'd be a replacement for a recursive validator, which we're
> not likely to provide soon.
>
> Thoughts? Worth working on?

Why not, especially because of the "recursive validator" idea.

--
\/ille Skyttä
ville.skytta at iki.fi