Re: [Admin] Re: Why a default reading order?

From: Hadrien Gardeur <hadrien.gardeur@feedbooks.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 13:13:46 +0200
To: Fabrizio Venerandi <fabrizio.venerandi@quintadicopertina.com>
Cc: Luc Audrain <LAUDRAIN@hachette-livre.fr>, W3C Publishing Working Group <public-publ-wg@w3.org>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Hello,

I really don't think that having a requirement for at least one document in
the reading order is problematic at all for non-linear publications as long
as we don't have the same requirements as EPUB (where content documents
MUST be in the spine).

For the type of non-linear publications described above you could simply:

   - include a single content document in the primary resources (reading
   order), as the "start" of the publication
   - list all other resources as secondary resources (useful for rendering
   the publication, but not in a linear reading order)
   - the user would then navigate in the publication using links and they
   wouldn't be able to "break the navigation" by turning a page to a different
   resource

Best,
Hadrien