Re: PROV-ISSUE-328 (jhao): prov:wasStartedBy and prov:wasEndedBy as the core provenance terms [PROV-O HTML]

From: Timothy Lebo <lebot@rpi.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 10:21:13 -0400
To: Provenance Working Group <public-prov-wg@w3.org>

On Mar 16, 2012, at 6:27 AM, Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:

> PROV-ISSUE-328 (jhao): prov:wasStartedBy and prov:wasEndedBy as the core provenance terms [PROV-O HTML]

> Raised by: Jun Zhao
> On product: PROV-O HTML
>
> This is a sub-property of prov:wasAssociatedWith.
>
> Should it keep it as one of the core terms or as an additional term.

"It is a subproperty or subclass" seems to be a reasonable rule to place it into "additional".

This way, "additional" category becomes something more like "specific".

> I vote for it to be as a core.

I updated http://aquarius.tw.rpi.edu/prov-wg/prov-o to reflect them in "additional" to see how it looks.
Can you take a look?

> The same should be applied to prov:wasEndedBy.
>
> I think the decision should also be consistent with how we are going to treat all the subclasses of prov:Agent.

I agree that these two should be consistently applied.

Regards,
Tim