PROV-ISSUE-213 (prov-sem-events): Alignment of events in PROV-DM vs PROV-SEM [Formal Semantics]

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 18:27:07 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org

PROV-ISSUE-213 (prov-sem-events): Alignment of events in PROV-DM vs PROV-SEM [Formal Semantics]

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/213

Raised by: James Cheney
On product: Formal Semantics

Quoting from Luc's email that raised the issue:

>PROV-DM tends to talk about events, whereas your semantics focuses on time.
>  PROV-DM assumes the existence of a mapping from events to time.  Is it possible
>  to align both?

I believe they are already aligned, and if others disagree then I solicit suggestions on how to change PROV-SEM to improve this.