PROV-ISSUE-214 (prov-sem-event-activities): PROV-SEM: Linking events to activities [Formal Semantics]

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 18:30:42 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org

PROV-ISSUE-214 (prov-sem-event-activities): PROV-SEM: Linking events to activities [Formal Semantics]

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/214

Raised by: James Cheney
On product: Formal Semantics

Quoting from Luc's email that raised this issue:

>>Used or Generated don't seem to have activities. It seems
>>  counter-intuitive.  Can you clarify?

My response was:

>[This issue seems] to be reacting to the fact that in the Events section, >there are relations Used and Generated that relate an event to an entity that >it uses or generates, and you are asking where is the link between the event >and the activity.

>The answer is in the next subsection on Activities, which gives another
>relation ActivityEvent that links activities and events. I think this is a
>little cleaner than having Used and Generated be 3-ary relations; we could do
>that too though.

I feel that this addresses the issue, perhaps modulo a note of explanation in PROV-SEM.  Does anyone disagree?