Action-61: PROV-SEM synchronized to WD3; please review

From: James Cheney <jcheney@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 19:36:55 +0000
To: Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Hi,

As mentioned today I was slightly behind schedule updating PROV-SEM.  It's more or less done now - while probably not perfect, it is "together enough" for review:

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/FormalSemanticsWD3

I have focused on getting enough infrastructure to sensibly interpret the core constructs, and have not yet made a concerted effort to reflect all of the inferences/constraints.  I believe we agreed that this could come later once there is general agreement on the form the semantics will take.

I plan to create new wiki pages for each new WD alignment.

I plan to speak briefly about it sometime at the Dagstuhl seminar next week, which several other provenance working group members are attending, and I will post the slides once they are available.

I believe that the plan was to use this as a basis for a FPWD of the semantics, in the next few weeks, if the group still agrees that that is a good thing to do.  (I'm ambivalent.)

Please feel free to review and raise issues against the semantics now.

--James

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.