PROV-ISSUE-367 (hadActivity-domain-and-comments-unclear): prov:hadActivity domain and usage unclear [Ontology]

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 04:11:14 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org
PROV-ISSUE-367 (hadActivity-domain-and-comments-unclear): prov:hadActivity domain and usage unclear [Ontology]

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/367

Raised by: Stephan Zednik
On product: Ontology

1) There are two domains defined for prov:hadActivity

- prov:Involvement
- the union of prov:Derivation and prov:Responsibility

from http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_domain

Where a property P has more than one rdfs:domain property, then the resources denoted by subjects of triples with predicate P are instances of all the classes stated by the rdfs:domain properties.

>From what I can tell this means the domain is the intersection of prov:Involvement with the union of prov:Derivation and prov:Responsibility, which is just the union of prov:Derivation and prov:Responsibility since both are subclasses of prov:Involvement.

2) annotations on prov:hadActivity

- it appears that the domain has been relaxed to be a union of Derivation and Responsibility, so I think we can remove the prov:todo annotation

- The rdfs:comment is currently "The activity generating the the derived entity and using the derived-from entity".  I think this should be updated to reflect the relaxed domain.  What does it mean when a qualified Responsibility hadActivity?