Re: PROV-ISSUE-222 (used-objectproperty): Datatype property for used? [Ontology]

Paul,

1)
The namespace is incorrect:

<http://www.w3.org/ns/prov-o/Activity>
should be

<http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#Activity>

2)
It seems odd that you have d2s-prov:Unzip and :File in different namespaces (combined with the fact that you have instance data in the same namespace as your ontology).

3)
wasScheduledAfter became wasStartedByActivity
wasControlledBy is wasAssociatedWith

4)
your use of rdfs:label here is perfectly fine, depending on how you're using it later.
If you're doing anything other than rendering that value in a <span/> or similar for human consumption you're abusing the property.

5)
I don't see how this example suits the statement of the ISSUE when you created it:
"However, we've been doing some modeling here at the VU where the parameter to a program is a string. "

That's not the case in this example. The "parameter" to the "program" (neither of which is represented in the example) is the :aers_asci_2011q1zip
 resource.

I was expecting your example to be something like:

[ a prov:Activity;
  prov:used "Hello", "World";
  prov:generated "Hello World";
] .