Re: PROV-ISSUE-222 (used-objectproperty): Datatype property for used? [Ontology]

From: Timothy Lebo <lebot@rpi.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 10:44:47 -0400
Cc: "public-prov-wg@w3.org" <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
To: Paul Groth <p.t.groth@vu.nl>

The namespace is incorrect:

should be

It seems odd that you have d2s-prov:Unzip and :File in different namespaces (combined with the fact that you have instance data in the same namespace as your ontology).

wasScheduledAfter became wasStartedByActivity
wasControlledBy is wasAssociatedWith

your use of rdfs:label here is perfectly fine, depending on how you're using it later.
If you're doing anything other than rendering that value in a <span/> or similar for human consumption you're abusing the property.

I don't see how this example suits the statement of the ISSUE when you created it:
"However, we've been doing some modeling here at the VU where the parameter to a program is a string. "

That's not the case in this example. The "parameter" to the "program" (neither of which is represented in the example) is the :aers_asci_2011q1zip

I was expecting your example to be something like:

[ a prov:Activity;
  prov:used "Hello", "World";
  prov:generated "Hello World";
] .